Parrot Vittles™ Salad: Tangy Summer Fruit Salad! ~
- 3/4 cup organic fresh Cucumber, washed, peeled and diced.
- 1/2 cup organic fresh Pineapple, washed, peeled and diced.
- 1 Tblsp. organic Pine Nuts.
- 1 Tblsp washed, fresh organic Cilantro leaves, finely diced.
- 2 Tsp washed, fresh organic Mint leaves, finely diced.
- 2 Tsp. organic Poppy seeds.
- 1 Tblsp organic Coconut Shreds or 2 Tblsp. Flakes.
- Juice of one fresh, organic Lime squeezed over the top of the fruit mix and gently stirred.
Yields about 1 cup to 1 1/4 cups. (1/4 cup is considered one serving for a 425-525 gram bird)
Serve slightly chilled, but not cold.
Be sure to remove within 2 hours of serving to prevent pathogenic bacterial growth. (FDA Guideline)
Do not freeze for future use, make fresh each time you serve.
Freezing causes cell walls of the produce to burst causing essential nutrients to degrade and diminish.
For information about how to wash produce and sprouts: Sprouting Basics & Cleansing Produce Safely.
Happy, healthy foraging!
©7.18.17 Passion Tree House LLC – All Rights Reserved – Avian Nutrition Specialist: Machelle Pacion
Visit: TheBestBirdFood.com to purchase Origins Wild Diet daily foods!