We all want to make sure our feathered friends are celebrating this holiday season along with us!
You probably have all or most of the ingredients for this holiday salad for parrots, so why not mix some up super quick and share the foraging fun with your bird?
Directly from Machelle’s birdie kitchen to you!
Holiday Cranberry Salad for Parrots!
- Organic RAW Cranberries: 1 cup (Coarse grind in food processor)
- Organic RAW Dates: 2 Tblsp (Pitted; grind in food processor)
- Organic RAW Figs: 1 Tblsp (Grind in food processor)
- Organic RAW Parsley Leaves: 1/8 cup (leaves only; diced)
- Organic RAW Coconut Flakes or Shreds: ¼ cup
- Organic Walnuts: 1/3 cup
- Organic Orange Peel zest: 1 Tblsp.
- Organic Ceylon Cinnamon powder: ¼ tsp
- Organic Ginger powder: 1/8 tsp.
- Organic Anise Seed: 3 pinches.
- Organic Virgin Cold-pressed Coconut Oil: 1 tsp. (melted)
- Optional: Sprinkle with organic Pine Nuts and/or organic Star Anise
Mix all of the above together and serve slightly chilled.
Serve in a clean coconut half-shell to encourage fun foraging!
©12.22.17 Passion Tree House LLC – All Rights Reserved